- The Sector of Chemicals is governed by The Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India.
- The Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers in India is the administrative unit of three departments namely:
- Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals
- Department of Fertilizers
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- According to the Harmonized System Codes (HS Codes), Commodity classification, the sector of Chemicals is divided into 10 HS Codes.
- The import policy of the 10 HS codes of India for Chemicals is mentioned below: